It's Full Of Stars!

RSS

Posts tagged with "wood"

135 - Picnic Table
We had a wooden picnic table on the back patio, which unfortunately began to rot in a few places. Before it collapsed beneath us one night at dinner, I cut it up and threw it out. Here are the two sets of legs, before dismemberment.

135 - Picnic Table

We had a wooden picnic table on the back patio, which unfortunately began to rot in a few places. Before it collapsed beneath us one night at dinner, I cut it up and threw it out. Here are the two sets of legs, before dismemberment.

94 - Maple Scraps
These are drop-off pieces of maple from the star teether. I was just thinking the other day about how beautiful the “trash” from art or making can be. I’ll probably come back to this theme a few times this year.

94 - Maple Scraps

These are drop-off pieces of maple from the star teether. I was just thinking the other day about how beautiful the “trash” from art or making can be. I’ll probably come back to this theme a few times this year.

75 - Failed Teether #1
I guess I spoke too soon on Day 67, as I was able to recover from my mistakes on this wooden teether. After it sat for a few days, it occurred to me that I could work on the weird step in the sides with my Dremel tool, and then sand the heck out of it. Well, it worked! I will be adjusting my procedures for any subsequent teethers.

75 - Failed Teether #1

I guess I spoke too soon on Day 67, as I was able to recover from my mistakes on this wooden teether. After it sat for a few days, it occurred to me that I could work on the weird step in the sides with my Dremel tool, and then sand the heck out of it. Well, it worked! I will be adjusting my procedures for any subsequent teethers.

67 - Failed Teether #1
This is my first attempt at making a wooden baby teether. It was cut from a 3/4” maple board. Things were going reasonably well for a first attempt. I cut the shape out roughly, then made a template for the final shape. I used the template to cut the part using a router. Then I discovered that the 3/8” roundover bit I had was actually a beading bit and so I got those unsuitable steps near the center of the sides. Oh well, I learned a lot for try #2 and if I can fins someone with a belt sander, I might be able to salvage this one.

67 - Failed Teether #1

This is my first attempt at making a wooden baby teether. It was cut from a 3/4” maple board. Things were going reasonably well for a first attempt. I cut the shape out roughly, then made a template for the final shape. I used the template to cut the part using a router. Then I discovered that the 3/8” roundover bit I had was actually a beading bit and so I got those unsuitable steps near the center of the sides. Oh well, I learned a lot for try #2 and if I can fins someone with a belt sander, I might be able to salvage this one.

Jan 5
2 - Sticks and Frozen Puddle
Taken along the James F. Hall Trail in Newark, DE, during my lunch break. The light snow from last night was gone, but the puddles were still frozen.

2 - Sticks and Frozen Puddle

Taken along the James F. Hall Trail in Newark, DE, during my lunch break. The light snow from last night was gone, but the puddles were still frozen.